Urban Garden Walk 2014 - Featured Gardens
Gardens on the 2014 Urban Garden Walk
- Kelly Cullen Community Rooftop
- The Tenderloin National Forest
- Project Open Hand (POH)
- Public Utilities Commission (PUC) Building
- The Tenderloin People’s Community Garden
In addition to the featured gardens, the Tenderloin is home to several others.
- Organic Mechanics - an extraordinary urban retreat, an oasis made from a former paved parking lot behind a 1920s-vintage apartment building
- The Hotel Mark Twain Hummingbird Garden - a nearby Organic Mechanics creation at 345 Taylor Street (where the Fish & Farm organic restaurant is located)
- The Demonstration Gardens - an environmental literacy program between UC Hastings and the SYL Central YMCA. With the motto "Bloom Where You Are Planted", they work with all ages and abilities.
Learn More About the Tenderloin and its Gardens
- Forgot the name of that fascinating Tenderloin landmark from the tour? It's all in the Urban Garden Walk Guide
- Explore the area further on a Tenderloin Walking Tour