Edible Gardening and Planting Calendars
The first tender carrots and radishes in spring, a perfectly ripe tomato in summer - nothing quite matches the bounty from our own gardens. Our temperate Bay Area climate allows for successful year-round crops. This section explains what you’ll need to know to get started and to become growing experts.
UC Master Gardener Carol O’Donnell charts the best crops for specific conditions in San Francisco and San Mateo Counties.
- Hot, Sunny, Foggy -- details and city/towns in each area.
- Planting calendars:
- Hot (English) - southern area of San Mateo County.
- Hot (Español)
- Hot (
- Sunny (English) - areas of San Francisco and northern San Mateo County.
- Sunny (Español)
- Sunny (
- Foggy (English) - areas of San Francisco and coastal San Mateo County.
- Foggy (Español)
- Foggy (
- Year-round edible garden planning sequence chart
Resources for growing a variety of vegetables in your home garden from UC Vegetable Center.